Add text overlay from txt file to stream

• Is there a way to add a text overly from a text file to the video stream? I have a weather center that generates a text file every minute with data on temperature, wind and conditions. I would like to overlay that on the streams, and have it update in realtime as the text file updates. Is this possible? If so, are there simple instructions somewhere?

• administrators

Currently Shinobi can't do that. Adding it would be simple in perspective. This is also an interesting thought, so ill move this over to the Suggestions section.

though the way Shinobi works it cannot be burned on to the stream. You cannot see this information unless you are viewing with a Shinobi interface of some kind, like the dashboard or embed window.

The reason for that is because the data isn't actually on the stream. It's dynamically written with JavaScript to the page, on top of the stream. Object detection's display of boxes works like this in Shinobi. You can't see the detection squares unless you view through a Shinobi interface.

It's even possible to add on hover effects for such information if you want.

Also if i were to go about doing this i would not use a text file. I would make it so an API request would display this information. Like a GET or POST method.

Thanks for the idea! I will totally be looking to add this in.

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.