Managing notifications on discord

• I love that we can use discord to do push notifications of motion alarms and so forth, but a small pet peeve is that those notifications build up over time and leave a lot of images laying around out there on the discord server. While this isn't necessarily a problem, I wanted to clean them up.

As such, I made a thing!

This is a very basic discord bot that will remove messages older than a configured time in channel(s) on server(s) you tell it to watch. I had looked around a while back and never found anything freely available that would do this, so finally I decided to just write it myself.

It could most likely be improved drastically, but for a quick 'n dirty job, it'll get the job done.

Enjoy.

MIT licensed, so do with it whatever you wish. I may or may not merge pull requests, don't plan on doing much in the way of support on it, I mostly just built it for myself.

• @willvincent said in Managing notifications on discord:

It could most likely be improved drastically, but for a quick 'n dirty job, it'll get the job done.

It could most likely be improved drastically, but for a quick 'n dirty job, it'll get the job done.DigitalOcean SiteGround iPage

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.