Grey out frame areas for privacy reasons

• In some countries (like Germany), you are not allowed to film public areas. So it is sometimes essential to be able to grey out areas in the recorded frame, if you cannot physically cover the area in question. This is currently the only feature I am missing in comparison to Zoneminder.

It would be great, if one could set-up a privacy region, similarly to the motion detection regions. The privacy region would then be blacked out when watching the stream and especially when recording it.

• I completely agree. At the moment, one of my cameras covers a part of my neighbor's property. However, tilting the camera would also exclude parts if mine. Hence, privacy areas would solve the problem.

Patrick

• I think you can do this with ffmpeg filters: -filter:v "crop=out_w:out_h:x:y"

• @moosefist Thank you for the hint. Crop might not be what I want but drawbox (with fill) might. Will try.

Patrick

• Update: Looking good so far:
    Stream Type: HLS
    Video Encoder: Auto
    Video Filte: drawbox=x=1820:y=00:w=100:h=100:color=red:t=100

• Did some further testing.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to use the filters in Traditional Recording, so we're back at the point where an implementation is needed.

Patrick

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.