Motion event not triggering video record

• I'm using ShinobiCE and I have motion detection working on several monitors, but no video is captured when events fire.

Monitors are configured with mode: Watch-only, and I've tried How to Record in "Traditional (Watch-only, includes buffer)" and "Hotswap Modes (Watch-only)". Trigger Record is set to Yes.

Events are definitely firing, as I can see them in the database Events table and I'm getting the alert notification. Yet the video directory doesn't get any new files, no new entry in the Videos table, and nothing new listed in the UI for that monitor. I never see the mode in the upper left of the live-view change after an event fires.

I can manually flip the monitor to Start Recording and it records to the video location and shows up in the UI.

I have the monitors configured with the "Main" storage location, with "videosDir": "videos/" in conf.json. I have also tried without "videosDir" set, with no change in behavior. I have also tried adding "addStorage" to my config, but if I edit the settings on the monitor that path never shows up for me. I only have "Main" listed in the Storage Location option. I have restarted the system multiple times after applying this change to the config, and the logs show no error, so I'm not sure why its not letting me choose the second storage location. If it would, I would try that to see if it helps.

Neither camera nor cron logs show errors.

I'm running in a container - not the official shinobi one but my own.

I have tried using Shinobi Pro to see if it suffers from the same problem, but unfortunately I have a different issue there which prevents me from getting any camera set up. I may start a separate thread on that.

I've gotten pretty close to a setup I can be happy with using Shinobi after coming over from Zoneminder, but if I can't record events then its not of much use to me. Any help or suggestions here would be appreciated. I am happy to provide any additional detail, run tests, help debug, whatever. I've been screwing with this problem for awhile already, so I'm invested in getting this fixed.

Thanks

Here is one of my monitor configs, for reference:

{"mode":"start","mid":"D4Ax5piTsA","name":"Deck Corner","type":"h264","protocol":"rtsp","host":"x.x.x.x","port":"","path":"/11","ext":"mp4","fps":"1","width":"640","height":"480","details":"{\"max_keep_days\":\"14\",\"notes\":\"\",\"dir\":\"\",\"auto_host_enable\":\"1\",\"auto_host\":\"rtsp://scrubbed:[email protected]/11\",\"rtsp_transport\":\"tcp\",\"muser\":\"scrubbed\",\"mpass\":\"scrubbed\",\"port_force\":\"0\",\"fatal_max\":\"0\",\"skip_ping\":null,\"is_onvif\":null,\"onvif_port\":\"\",\"aduration\":\"1000000\",\"probesize\":\"1000000\",\"stream_loop\":\"0\",\"sfps\":\"5\",\"accelerator\":\"0\",\"hwaccel\":\"auto\",\"hwaccel_vcodec\":\"\",\"hwaccel_device\":\"\",\"stream_type\":\"mp4\",\"stream_flv_type\":\"ws\",\"stream_flv_maxLatency\":\"200\",\"stream_mjpeg_clients\":\"\",\"stream_vcodec\":\"copy\",\"stream_acodec\":\"no\",\"hls_time\":\"2\",\"hls_list_size\":\"3\",\"preset_stream\":\"ultrafast\",\"signal_check\":\"10\",\"signal_check_log\":\"0\",\"stream_quality\":\"15\",\"stream_fps\":\"2\",\"stream_scale_x\":\"\",\"stream_scale_y\":\"\",\"rotate_stream\":\"no\",\"svf\":\"\",\"tv_channel\":\"0\",\"tv_channel_id\":\"\",\"tv_channel_group_title\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp\":\"0\",\"stream_timestamp_font\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_font_size\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_color\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_box_color\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_x\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_y\":\"\",\"stream_watermark\":\"0\",\"stream_watermark_location\":\"\",\"stream_watermark_position\":\"tr\",\"snap\":\"0\",\"snap_fps\":\"\",\"snap_scale_x\":\"\",\"snap_scale_y\":\"\",\"snap_vf\":\"\",\"vcodec\":\"copy\",\"crf\":\"1\",\"preset_record\":\"\",\"acodec\":\"no\",\"dqf\":\"0\",\"cutoff\":\"15\",\"rotate_record\":\"no\",\"vf\":\"\",\"timestamp\":\"0\",\"timestamp_font\":\"\",\"timestamp_font_size\":\"10\",\"timestamp_color\":\"white\",\"timestamp_box_color\":\"[email protected]\",\"timestamp_x\":\"(w-tw)/2\",\"timestamp_y\":\"0\",\"watermark\":\"0\",\"watermark_location\":\"\",\"watermark_position\":\"tr\",\"cust_input\":\"\",\"cust_snap\":\"\",\"cust_rtmp\":\"\",\"cust_rawh264\":\"\",\"cust_detect\":\"\",\"cust_stream\":\"\",\"cust_stream_server\":\"\",\"cust_record\":\"\",\"custom_output\":\"\",\"detector\":\"1\",\"detector_send_frames\":\"1\",\"detector_lock_timeout\":\"200\",\"detector_save\":\"1\",\"detector_fps\":\"2\",\"detector_scale_x\":\"640\",\"detector_scale_y\":\"480\",\"detector_record_method\":\"sip\",\"detector_trigger\":\"1\",\"detector_trigger_record_fps\":\"\",\"detector_timeout\":\"1\",\"watchdog_reset\":\"0\",\"detector_delete_motionless_videos\":\"0\",\"detector_webhook\":\"0\",\"detector_webhook_url\":\"\",\"detector_command_enable\":\"1\",\"detector_command\":\"/usr/local/bin/camera-motion-send.sh {{MONITOR_ID}} {{GROUP_KEY}} {{CONFIDENCE}}\",\"detector_command_timeout\":\"0\",\"detector_mail\":\"0\",\"detector_mail_send_video\":null,\"detector_mail_timeout\":\"\",\"detector_discordbot\":null,\"detector_discordbot_send_video\":null,\"use_detector_filters\":null,\"use_detector_filters_object\":null,\"detector_discordbot_timeout\":\"\",\"cords\":\"[]\",\"detector_filters\":\"\",\"detector_pam\":\"1\",\"detector_sensitivity\":\"10\",\"detector_frame\":\"1\",\"detector_noise_filter\":\"1\",\"detector_noise_filter_range\":\"\",\"detector_notrigger\":\"0\",\"detector_notrigger_mail\":\"0\",\"detector_notrigger_timeout\":\"\",\"detector_use_detect_object\":\"0\",\"detector_use_motion\":\"1\",\"detector_fps_object\":\"\",\"detector_scale_x_object\":\"\",\"detector_scale_y_object\":\"\",\"detector_lisence_plate\":\"0\",\"detector_lisence_plate_country\":\"us\",\"detector_buffer_vcodec\":\"copy\",\"detector_buffer_acodec\":\"no\",\"detector_buffer_fps\":\"\",\"detector_buffer_hls_time\":\"2\",\"detector_buffer_hls_list_size\":\"\",\"detector_buffer_start_number\":\"\",\"detector_buffer_live_start_index\":\"\",\"control\":\"0\",\"control_base_url\":\"\",\"control_url_method\":null,\"control_digest_auth\":null,\"control_stop\":\"0\",\"control_url_stop_timeout\":\"\",\"control_url_center\":\"\",\"control_url_left\":\"\",\"control_url_left_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_right\":\"\",\"control_url_right_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_up\":\"\",\"control_url_up_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_down\":\"\",\"control_url_down_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_enable_nv\":\"\",\"control_url_disable_nv\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_out\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_out_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_in\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_in_stop\":\"\",\"groups\":\"[\\\"duRYQ\\\"]\",\"loglevel\":\"warning\",\"sqllog\":\"0\",\"detector_cascades\":\"\",\"stream_channels\":\"\",\"input_maps\":\"\",\"input_map_choices\":\"\"}","shto":"[]","shfr":"[]"}

• I was able to get Pro working enough to give it a try, and I've been able to get motion-triggered events to save videos. I don't know if it was the switch to Pro or the various tweaks I made to my settings, but I'm going to blame User Error for now until proven otherwise.

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.