Delete Motionless Video

• I've setup a monitor to record and then "Delete Motionless Video", with Indifference set at 50. It's filming a closed room, so I'd expect it to delete at least the night videos, when there is no one there. This is not happening, no video gets deleted. Also, at 'Power Video Viewer' the 'Counts of Motion' graph is not drawn. On the live stream, the red motion line is working, so it seems to be able to detect motion. pm2 shows that cron and shinobi-motion apps are online. Any idea why it's not deleting motionless videos? Thanks.

This is the config:

{"mode":"record","mid":"videobib01","name":"bib-01 Multimedia","type":"h264","protocol":"rtsp","host":"192.168.39.106","port":"80","path":"/live","ext":"mp4","fps":"1","width":"1280","height":"720","details":"{\"fatal_max\":\"1000000000\",\"notes\":\"\",\"dir\":\"\",\"rtsp_transport\":\"tcp\",\"muser\":\"viewer\",\"mpass\":\"mypass\",\"port_force\":null,\"sfps\":\"1\",\"aduration\":\"1000000\",\"probesize\":\"1000000\",\"accelerator\":\"0\",\"hwaccel\":null,\"hwaccel_vcodec\":\"\",\"hwaccel_device\":\"\",\"stream_type\":\"mjpeg\",\"stream_mjpeg_clients\":\"\",\"stream_vcodec\":\"copy\",\"stream_acodec\":\"no\",\"hls_time\":\"2\",\"preset_stream\":\"ultrafast\",\"hls_list_size\":\"3\",\"signal_check\":\"10\",\"signal_check_log\":\"0\",\"stream_quality\":\"5\",\"stream_fps\":\"2\",\"stream_scale_x\":\"640\",\"stream_scale_y\":\"480\",\"rotate_stream\":\"no\",\"svf\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp\":\"0\",\"stream_timestamp_font\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_font_size\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_color\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_box_color\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_x\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_y\":\"\",\"stream_watermark\":\"0\",\"stream_watermark_location\":\"\",\"stream_watermark_position\":null,\"snap\":\"0\",\"snap_fps\":\"\",\"snap_scale_x\":\"1280\",\"snap_scale_y\":\"720\",\"snap_vf\":\"\",\"vcodec\":\"copy\",\"crf\":\"10\",\"preset_record\":\"\",\"acodec\":\"no\",\"dqf\":\"0\",\"cutoff\":\"15\",\"rotate_record\":\"no\",\"vf\":\"\",\"timestamp\":\"1\",\"timestamp_font\":\"\",\"timestamp_font_size\":\"10\",\"timestamp_color\":\"white\",\"timestamp_box_color\":\"[email protected]\",\"timestamp_x\":\"(w-tw)/2\",\"timestamp_y\":\"0\",\"watermark\":\"0\",\"watermark_location\":\"\",\"watermark_position\":null,\"cust_input\":\"\",\"cust_snap\":\"\",\"cust_detect\":\"\",\"cust_stream\":\"\",\"cust_stream_server\":\"\",\"cust_record\":\"\",\"custom_output\":\"\",\"detector\":\"1\",\"detector_webhook\":null,\"detector_webhook_url\":\"\",\"detector_command_enable\":null,\"detector_command\":\"\",\"detector_command_timeout\":\"\",\"detector_lock_timeout\":\"\",\"detector_save\":null,\"detector_frame_save\":null,\"detector_mail\":\"0\",\"detector_mail_timeout\":\"\",\"detector_record_method\":\"del\",\"detector_trigger\":\"1\",\"detector_trigger_record_fps\":\"\",\"detector_timeout\":\"\",\"watchdog_reset\":\"1\",\"detector_delete_motionless_videos\":\"1\",\"detector_send_frames\":\"1\",\"detector_fps\":\"\",\"detector_scale_x\":\"640\",\"detector_scale_y\":\"480\",\"detector_use_motion\":null,\"detector_use_detect_object\":null,\"detector_frame\":\"1\",\"detector_sensitivity\":\"50\",\"cords\":\"{\\\"red\\\":{\\\"name\\\":\\\"red\\\",\\\"sensitivity\\\":0.0005,\\\"points\\\":[[\\\"0\\\",\\\"0\\\"],[\\\"0\\\",\\\"480\\\"],[\\\"640\\\",\\\"480\\\"],[\\\"640\\\",\\\"0\\\"]]}}\",\"detector_lisence_plate\":null,\"detector_lisence_plate_country\":null,\"detector_notrigger\":\"0\",\"detector_notrigger_mail\":null,\"detector_notrigger_timeout\":\"\",\"control\":\"0\",\"control_base_url\":\"\",\"control_stop\":\"0\",\"control_url_stop_timeout\":\"\",\"control_url_center\":\"\",\"control_url_left\":\"\",\"control_url_left_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_right\":\"\",\"control_url_right_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_up\":\"\",\"control_url_up_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_down\":\"\",\"control_url_down_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_enable_nv\":\"\",\"control_url_disable_nv\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_out\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_out_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_in\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_in_stop\":\"\",\"groups\":\"[]\",\"loglevel\":\"warning\",\"sqllog\":\"0\",\"detector_cascades\":\"\"}","shto":"[]","shfr":"[]"}

• administrators

were you not able to upload the JSON file directly? it seems the JSON string is damaged. I'll go ahead and fix it.

If you want to save events to the database you need to enable it.
    Save Events to SQL : Yes

If you can see the red bar at all it means there is a motion trigger active. Make sure the red bar is not showing during the times you want videos to be deleted.

Red bar showing = keep video

• Thanks for your reply. I had tried to upload the json file, but it didn't create a link, so I replaced it with the string. Here's another try:

[0_1507624449388_Shinobi_videobib01_config.json](Uploading 100%)

The red bar shows up even when there's no one in the room. In this case, its value on the stream is usually around 30, that's why I've set Indifference to 50. Can this value on the red bar be due to the changing numbers from the clock? I've set the clock as an overlay on the camera, because I'm using 'copy' for Record.

Maybe I still didn't get what Indifference is for! Shouldn't the rule be Red bar value > Indifference = keep video ?

Or the red bar value does not relate to Indifference at all?

Is every number from the red bar an event, or only when larger than Indifference?

Thanks.

• administrators

You are using a region, yah? In the region window there is another indifference box, this one corresponds only to the selected region. Is that value high enough?

Sadly yes the clock will trigger it.

Yes indifference is the number shown in the red bar. If your value is passed in the red bar it is counted. The red bar will not appear if it is below your set indifference.

Motion is the detection of change in pixels. So any change, even the clock, will be picked up but only counted if passing your threshold.

• You're right, thanks! That value was 0.0005, I've now changed it to 50. I've also used the region to exclude the clock from the monitored area. I hope this night some videos get deleted.

BTW, on the Region Editor, I don't get any picture as background. Neither static nor live stream. The connection to the camera is configured as RTSP h.264, or h.265 on some models; stream is set as mjpeg and works fine. On the region editor, all I get is a yellowish background, any idea why?

P.S. On a side note, I've never received any emails from this forum, even though I had turned it on, on my profile. I have to keep checking if there was any reply...

• I confirm that tonight's videos were deleted as expected. Although one 15m video was kept because a single motion was detected. It was a light change from outside the monitored room. On zoneminder there is a parameter to prevent this, it's 'Alarm frame count' ("This option allows you to specify how many consecutive alarm frames must occur before an alarm event is generated"). Maybe Shinobi could also have an option for minimum consecutive motion events?

• administrators

On the region editor, all I get is a yellowish background, any idea why?

@ecoutinho hmm.. are you running it through a proxy? im not sure why it wouldn't show the stream in the region editor. It uses the embed page to show the live stream and a static jpeg image (if JPEG API is on).

I confirm that tonight's videos were deleted as expected. Although one 15m video was kept because a single motion was detected. It was a light change from outside the monitored room. On zoneminder there is a parameter to prevent this, it's 'Alarm frame count' ("This option allows you to specify how many consecutive alarm frames must occur before an alarm event is generated"). Maybe Shinobi could also have an option for minimum consecutive motion events?

yes i was considering this but haven't really had a chance to add it in lately.

P.S. On a side note, I've never received any emails from this forum, even though I had turned it on, on my profile. I have to keep checking if there was any reply...

yah.. i set up the email to work from a gmail account but im not sure why its not working... 😞

• I'm not using a proxy, but after enabling JPEG API a static image was shown in region editor on all monitors but two (even though s.jpg was created in memory /dev/shm). Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.