Weird 2.4GHz interference running Shinobi

• I started out using a docker installation but wanted to allow Shinobi full access to my Ubuntu 17 server resources and hardware so I converted to a full system install. I started however to notice decreased speeds (90% slowdown) on my network on a specific band, the 2.4 band. After countless arguing with Verizon and a router replacement, I realized that my problems persisted unless I turned my server off.

So, I started combing through my server and logs to try and find the problem, stopped all docker containers...to no avail. I even fully removed Shinobi and rebooted and realized that my problems resolved after removing Shinobi. Nothing in the logs but checking htop, I noticed that I had probably 5 tasks per camera, all named the same running.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or any suggestions as to why running Shinobi would affect my network bandwidth so much?

• Is your setup wireless? 2.4ghz band is typically wireless G, which doesn't have a lot of throughput. I imagine 2 or 3 [email protected] cameras would start to slow down a wireless G network.

• @stephenmw said in Weird 2.4GHz interference running Shinobi:

Is your setup wireless? 2.4ghz band is typically wireless G, which doesn't have a lot of throughput. I imagine 2 or 3 [email protected] cameras would start to slow down a wireless G network.

I did setup on wireless as well,is there an way to swap this to the wired connection, I lose the server as soon as I swap.

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.