Docker support with hardware encoder

• I'm trying to use this docker image on a Synology:

https://hub.docker.com/r/pschmitt/shinobi/

I mount the /var/log/mysql and /opt/shinobi/videos directories to folders on my NAS, and all seems to work fine. However, if I restart the docker image, I cannot get into it anymore, it doesn't start properly. Is there another directory that should be mounted? Like maybe the one that contains the mysql database?

Also, I'm running on a Synology NAS with the hardware video encoder. Is it just possible to give my docker container access to the hardware encoder by mounting the /dev/dri/renderD128 device into the docker container? If so, do I need to modify anything in Shinobi to make it use it?

• Try without mounting mysql logs and connect to mysql via networking.

The image you are using installs the default ffmpeg from ubuntu LTS repo, have a look if they have built ffmpeg with --enable-vaapi , otherwise you may have to build your own ffmpeg and depending on other factors you may lose or not your changes on docker shoutdowns or restarts.

Then I believe you should map as --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri.

I'm looking into shinobi and haven't install it yet, moreover my synology is so old that it doesn't even support dockers... grab my words with tweezers.

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.