OpenCV

• Hi. I just got Shinobi up and running in a Bhyve Jail (Ubuntu 16.10) on FreeNAS. It's running well. I have 7 cameras, I gave Shinobi 4 cores and 6GB of RAM. I have an NVIDIA 1060 sitting around and I tried to pass it to the vm, but was unable to get that to work. It doesn't look like bhyve supports GPU pci passthrough... even though I just want to use it for hardware acceleration and not actually a monitor.

Anyway, I was thinking about OpenCV... Is it worth it? In order to utilize it, I'd have to build a new machine so I could install the GPU(s) on bare metal. That would be a large investment, but if OpenCV is awesome then I might go that route. It would be cool to get notifications when humans are detected by the camera and not just shadows moving across the ground. I didn't see a whole lot of information in the docs on OpenCV. I imagine I'd have to go to the OpenCV project to see how to get it up and running and optimized to prevent false positives (or false negatives).

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.