Several Questions: Version Number? Mobile View? "Conform Form Resubmit"?

• Hi!

I switched from ZoneMinder to Shinobi a couple of weeks ago. I am unsure wether I will stick to it, though. Here are a couple of things I am missing or am too dumb to get working:

1. Where can I see the version or build number? I would like to see it in the UI, at least below the log in screen, maybe also on the main screen, mabye in this menu:
      alt text

2. A better way to monitor the cameras on a mobile device. At the moment, I have installed a shortcut on my phone and saved the login data. This takes me to the UI with actived cameras shown. I have 2 Problems: Firstly, the images are squeezed in a 4:3 aspect ratio and are very pixelated when zooming in (using iPhone 7+). Secondly, I would like the option of a simple interface with only specified monitors and no menu or configuration options availabe, so that I can install a shortcut to that site on my families mobile phones.

3. When I reopen my browser (Chrome) after rebooting my PC, it does not automatically login to the UI, instead throws a "Confirm Form Resubmission" error. Any idea how to work around this?
      alt text

Thanks!

• administrators

Hey there 😄 frankly if ZM does everything you need it to then you should stick with that. Shinobi is still in the early stages.

1. currently shinobi uses the git system and has no actual versioning system of it's own. My ideas on how I want to do this put me in a sort of circle when i try to decide on a particular method. So i just get tired an move on to other things. So for now the easiest way to know your version would be to use git on terminal in the shinobi folder.

2. Right now the aspect is forced to fit on the screen it is presented on. Currently the only camera viewing UI is the dashboard and embed page. You can technically make a crude viewer with the API. There have been a few users who started building their own interfaces. I am not entirely sure if they are presented to the public though.

3. The irony. I actually made it do a full js login before but opted to follow the browser standard instead. The browser standard does this to avoid sending data without your consent. I did find one link about this (for chrome) but it is really old. Perhaps you can get a hint at the very least https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!category-topic/chrome/discuss-chrome/bUNejC0hF7U

4. (reply to your discord message) Yes the forum does appear broken. It suddenly happened and quite frankly i have no clue on how to fix it. I have tried a few things yet no change. I have left a post on the NodeBB forum and hopefully I can get some assistance on what to do. https://community.nodebb.org/topic/11988/randomly-my-css-just-broke

Thanks for writing!

• Thank you for your reply.

I am no expert in git, but isn't there any version information at all, that you could provide as a temporary fix? Maybe the commit number?

Regarding the mobile view, as you know I got help over in the Discord channel. The trick is to activate JPEG mode via the menu (JPEG API has to be enabled for the monitor). I hope this setting is persistent for other devices. If not, it would be great, if JPEG mode would be accessible directly via a URL parameter. I also thought about building a standalone html webpage and providing the images via API, if JPEG mode does not satisfy. Will report back here if I do.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

• Okay, so "git log -1" in the Shinobi directory at least gives me the current commit ID I am on. This in addition with the changelog on Discord helps me to see where my installation is standing....

• @moeiscool said in Several Questions: Version Number? Mobile View? "Conform Form Resubmit"?:

1. Right now the aspect is forced to fit on the screen it is presented on. Currently the only camera viewing UI is the dashboard and embed page. You can technically make a crude viewer with the API. There have been a few users who started building their own interfaces. I am not entirely sure if they are presented to the public though.

It would be nice if you could point me in the right direction regarding this. Do you now of specific users which I might contact? Can I create a secondary webpage within the Shinobi installation? Where would I place it? How would I embed the streams within the HTML?

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.