How to setup LDAP users?

• Hi all,

I've already searched for a guide on setting up LDAP users, but I did not find anything. Maybe I took many tries with the wrong keywords.

Does anybody knows a guide on how to setup LDAP authentication for Shinobi? Where do I have to specify LDAP settings "globally", etc.? I know that LDAP authentication is available including provisioning of new user accounts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Fulcrum.

• administrators

Hey there 🙂 There is no actual guide yet on how to set it up 😞 I'll move this thread to suggestions so i remember to do it 🙂 Thanks!

To enable use of the LDAP login feature you need to do the following :

1. Define the productType variable with the value Pro in your conf.json. So you would add "productType":"Pro" as a new line.
    2. Restart Shinobi to register the new conf.json changes.
    3. Login to your account (not superuser), the account with the cameras and the ability to make sub accounts.
    4. Click your username in the top left to reveal the menu.Then click on Settings.
    5. Define the LDAP server details.
    6. logout and Select LDAP in the dropdown above the login submit button.

LDAP logins are created as sub accounts to the main (admin) account it was made under.

• Hi moeiscool,

that did the trick: Login to LDAP. Thanx a lot.

Just to mention: Shinobi will add the sub user account if you login by email address or posix username. But you have to login with your email address to get access to the monitors, etc.. If you login by email address the dashboard will stay in an uninitialized state.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
    Fulcrum

• administrators

@fulcrum thank you for the heads up 🙂 Enjoy!

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.