All cameras went black display overnight

• Shinobi Master
    Firefox 57.0.2

I left Shinobi logged in all night, viewing live video from 5 cameras (some HLS with copy and some HLS with encode to h264). When I checked on the system in the morning, all the cameras showed black screens. A restart of camera.js resolved the issue.

Are there any log files I can send you to narrow down any possible issues?

Recordings continued to work.

Gerald

• I have seen the same thing on streams in chrome, if I click the "status plug" the picture appears once again.

• I'll try that next time it happens. I also have a single camera that freezes its stream, although it still catche motion and records video. I'll try it with that one too.

Gerald

• So the one camera froze on its HLS stream again. Clicking the status button got it going again.

Do you know what clicking the button actually does?

Gerald

• I am not sure what the button does, but i assume it does some kind of restart?

However, i have recently upgraded to the dev branch, browser running over night, i have not seen a black stream since. Maybe it is fixed 🙂

• So, happened again. The motion bars show, and move, but none of the buttons display when the mouse moves over them.

How stable is dev?

Gerald

• I have the same problem. I've tried all combinations of settings, but my monitors are all black after a day or so.
    I also noticed that when my router restarts on Wednesday mornings, Shinobi does not reconnect to the cameras when the reboot is finished.

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.