Recording length not honored, time lost between files

• So I switched to HLS, copy, no Audio, left rest at default (seg length 2, list size 3) and changed Record to 10 minutes (vs. 15 in previous config). I have been watching, and I'm still getting a drop in connect/black screen for a second or two, and new file about two minutes in.

However, every time I change a setting or hit "Save" on a camera in Shinobi, the first video recorded is about (not exact, again) the length I entered. Then it goes back to the default 2min for every file after that. And this happened before I switched to HLS stream vs. Base64.

Here's the HLS config for the same camera.

{"mode":"record","mid":"GlVpgDnAg1","name":"Cam","type":"h264","protocol":"rtsp","host":"192.168.254.3","port":"80","path":"/video.h264","ext":"mp4","fps":"1","width":"640","height":"480","details":"{\"fatal_max\":\"\",\"notes\":\"\",\"dir\":\"\",\"auto_host_enable\":\"0\",\"auto_host\":\"\",\"rtsp_transport\":\"tcp\",\"muser\":\"admin\",\"mpass\":\"password\",\"port_force\":null,\"aduration\":\"\",\"probesize\":\"\",\"stream_loop\":null,\"sfps\":\"1\",\"accelerator\":null,\"hwaccel\":null,\"hwaccel_vcodec\":\"\",\"hwaccel_device\":\"\",\"stream_type\":\"hls\",\"stream_mjpeg_clients\":\"\",\"stream_vcodec\":\"copy\",\"stream_acodec\":\"no\",\"hls_time\":\"2\",\"preset_stream\":\"ultrafast\",\"hls_list_size\":\"3\",\"signal_check\":\"10\",\"signal_check_log\":\"0\",\"stream_quality\":\"15\",\"stream_fps\":\"1\",\"stream_scale_x\":\"2048\",\"stream_scale_y\":\"1536\",\"rotate_stream\":null,\"svf\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp\":null,\"stream_timestamp_font\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_font_size\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_color\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_box_color\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_x\":\"\",\"stream_timestamp_y\":\"\",\"stream_watermark\":null,\"stream_watermark_location\":\"\",\"stream_watermark_position\":null,\"snap\":\"1\",\"snap_fps\":\"\",\"snap_scale_x\":\"\",\"snap_scale_y\":\"\",\"snap_vf\":\"\",\"rawh264\":null,\"rawh264_vcodec\":null,\"rawh264_acodec\":\"\",\"rawh264_fps\":\"\",\"rawh264_scale_x\":\"\",\"rawh264_scale_y\":\"\",\"rawh264_crf\":\"\",\"rawh264_vf\":\"\",\"vcodec\":\"copy\",\"crf\":\"1\",\"preset_record\":\"\",\"acodec\":\"no\",\"dqf\":\"0\",\"cutoff\":\"10\",\"rotate_record\":null,\"vf\":\"\",\"timestamp\":\"0\",\"timestamp_font\":\"\",\"timestamp_font_size\":\"10\",\"timestamp_color\":\"white\",\"timestamp_box_color\":\"[email protected]\",\"timestamp_x\":\"(w-tw)/2\",\"timestamp_y\":\"0\",\"watermark\":null,\"watermark_location\":\"\",\"watermark_position\":null,\"cust_input\":\"\",\"cust_snap\":\"\",\"cust_rawh264\":\"\",\"cust_detect\":\"\",\"cust_stream\":\"\",\"cust_stream_server\":\"\",\"cust_record\":\"\",\"custom_output\":\"\",\"detector\":\"0\",\"detector_webhook\":null,\"detector_webhook_url\":\"\",\"detector_command_enable\":null,\"detector_command\":\"\",\"detector_command_timeout\":\"\",\"detector_lock_timeout\":\"\",\"detector_save\":null,\"detector_frame_save\":null,\"detector_mail\":\"0\",\"detector_mail_timeout\":\"\",\"detector_record_method\":\"del\",\"detector_trigger\":null,\"detector_trigger_record_fps\":\"\",\"detector_timeout\":\"\",\"watchdog_reset\":null,\"detector_delete_motionless_videos\":null,\"detector_send_frames\":\"1\",\"detector_region_of_interest\":null,\"detector_fps\":\"\",\"detector_scale_x\":\"640\",\"detector_scale_y\":\"480\",\"detector_use_motion\":null,\"detector_use_detect_object\":null,\"detector_frame\":\"1\",\"detector_sensitivity\":\"\",\"cords\":\"\",\"detector_lisence_plate\":null,\"detector_lisence_plate_country\":null,\"detector_notrigger\":null,\"detector_notrigger_mail\":null,\"detector_notrigger_timeout\":\"\",\"control\":\"0\",\"control_base_url\":\"\",\"control_stop\":\"0\",\"control_url_stop_timeout\":\"\",\"control_url_center\":\"\",\"control_url_left\":\"\",\"control_url_left_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_right\":\"\",\"control_url_right_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_up\":\"\",\"control_url_up_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_down\":\"\",\"control_url_down_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_enable_nv\":\"\",\"control_url_disable_nv\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_out\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_out_stop\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_in\":\"\",\"control_url_zoom_in_stop\":\"\",\"groups\":\"[]\",\"loglevel\":\"warning\",\"sqllog\":\"0\",\"detector_cascades\":\"\"}","shto":"[]","shfr":"[]"}

Also, "license" is spelled wrong, as in detector_lisence_plate, shouldn't it be 'detector_license_plate'?

• administrators

@super_kev i don't recall saying Base64 is the best 😕 I actually avoid using it unless i really need it and use JPEG, HLS, or FLV instead. I also rarely ever suggest anyone use it.

Yes segment length is in minutes. The length is up to you. I choose 15 because it's easier for me to manage. 4 segments per hour is how i look at it. The preset ultrafast just sets bitrate and stuff when it can.

However, every time I change a setting or hit "Save" on a camera in Shinobi, the first video recorded is about (not exact, again) the length I entered. Then it goes back to the default 2min for every file after that. And this happened before I switched to HLS stream vs. Base64.

Can you create a video showing this behavior? What version of FFmpeg? Exact only (sometimes) happens when network and hardware conditions are ideal. Otherwise it will be incorrect like how you are describing.

Also, "license" is spelled wrong, as in detector_lisence_plate, shouldn't it be 'detector_license_plate'?

yah that's a typo.

• How can I find the version of FFmpeg that Brew pulled for installation? And I've got a video, but it's 94MB. I can dump it on my server and email you a link?

• Weekend bump. How can I find version of ffmpegX?

I've uploaded the video here: http://superkevstudios.com/shinobi.mp4

• Any ideas?

• Found the version of ffmpeg; pulled up Terminal, typed in brew info ffmpeg. Appears my ffmpeg version is Stable 3.4.1.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• weekend bump - Moe?

Looks like your connection to Shinobi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.