i had the same problem. the issue was with the ip cameras and their rtsp stream. the cameras needed to be set to "vbr". i would have up to 30 sec lag before the change. i followed the guide below and all my cameras are now in sync now.
hope this helps
Continuing this thread, I have noticed some inconsistent behavior with mySQL that perhaps can be explained, or used to correct a potential problem.
It seems like the database needs some "cooling off" period after it is altered. I notice that when I delete videos from a monitor and immediately try to trigger new recordings (usually with some camera settings changed for testing) I do not get database additions. However, I always get the new video files created on the hard drive, so clearly the motion detection operated. However, if I wait a while, then try a new recording, it seems to work as expected. I print the Videos table and can confirm there are missing entries for files that were created.
I am also seeing this happen for manually triggered recordings (changing the monitor from Watch Only to Record and back) regardless of how long I wait. I get a new MP4 file in the storage location, but no entry in the Video List.
Yeah. I'm using the built in plugin... I figured since it was built in, it's probably the best all around for performance and effectiveness... but it's not really working very well. I might have my settings all jacked, but I have no idea. Some elaboration here would be great.